Thursday, July 21, 2011

Now where can I find a Member's Only Jacket to match...

I'm up in the club, rub a dub a dub dub... :)
Look out world! We have passed the red velvet rope and have officially been accepted into Grand Maumelle Sailing Club.
Sam's Club is cake next to getting into this!
I guess I've been a little impatient as I have been bugging the head of membership all month, but now I feel super elite and posh and ready to eat a shrimp cocktail for the hell of it!
Don't get me wrong though, it is really down to earth here. It's all volunteer run so the monthly dues are super low. Since it is not a "Yacht Club" like other "Clubs" we've heard of (*cough* Austin Yacht Club *cough*) it means you get to hang with all the riff raff who actually know how to sail without having to employ a full crew, captain, chef and Yorkie pooper scooper. This is the real deal, where the nitty of the gritty sailors post up. And the best part is, we can keep our boat with the mast up behind secure gates, seconds to the launching dock! Yessssssss!
So tired of hauling it out, stepping mast, launching, coming back, un-stepping, hauling back to downtown. Pain in the ass.

Check it out:
www.gmsc.org

No comments:

Post a Comment