Tuesday, July 19, 2011

VooDoo Lady 7/17/11







Shaking that stick and driving me crazy...
Sierra's sailing debut!!!!
Outfitted with the proper doggy life saving floatation device, she was born to sail.
It was a little shaky when we launched and she accidentally fell off and furiously tried to paddle us to shore, but she got her sea legs shortly after that incident and loves it just as much as Matt and I.
This trip out the wind was on our side. A steady ESE 9 mph wind kept us moving, and going super fast! We didn't need our jib for the first hour, it would have been too much horsepower and all we really wanted to do was cruise and get used to the boat's feel.
But ooooooh snap! You can really feel it in the smaller boats! Matt said it best when he commented that the closer down to the water you are, the more in touch with the boat's subtle movements you are, you feel a connection. And at times I had to take heed and let the rudder or sail out, because we were heeling more than I'm comfortable with for the time being. We have it sorted out that I'm the rudder girl and Matt is best at trimming the sails, which is perfect because that's all you need!
Sierra, Matt and I are the three best friends that anyone could have and we'll never ever ever leave each other.

1 comment:

  1. I love this!! And Sierra, shes so cute! You guys are so fun :)

    ReplyDelete